Complete Midsection Plan - Part 1
This programme should be done as a rolling progression, spending one minute on each exercise. When you have finished the three minutes, rest for 30 seconds and go back to repeat all three exercises, for one minute each.
The Straight Crunch.
- Take position for a standard crunch.
- Place hands behind your head but don't pull on your neck.
- Press your back to the floor.
- Breathe out as you crunch up.
- Hold a second and release.
A guide to speed: you should manage about 15 - 18 in a minute.
- Start as before, but lift legs as shown.
- Slowly twist from left to right, trying to make your elbows reach the opposite knee.
- Don't swing wildly!
- You should manage 50 in total.
- Make sure your back is pressed to the floor for this one.
- You should be careful if you are very overweight, not to let knees fall completely to the floor either side, but do have a go at this exercise.
- It tames waist brilliantly.
- You should manage anything from 20 - 25
- Lying face down, hold a folded towel and stretch it tight, as shown.
- Extend your arms as much as possible.
- Now simply lift slowly up and down 5 times.
REST FOR 30 SECONDS, THEN REPEAT THE 4-MOVE SEQUENCE ONCE.
Now let's move on to part 2 »